Wednesday, May 21, 2003

I need to get my car fixed. My car has been faithful to my family for 18 years now and it is starting to die piece by piece. I guess it's not really dying, because it still runs, but there are little things here and there that are falling apart. Me being the non-mechanic that I am, don't know how to do anything with my car except put the key in the ignition, turn it, and drive. Anything about the engine or anything else that is under the hood, please don't ask me. For the longest time, I didn't know that you had to check the oil in your car. I've seen people do it, but I didn't know that I was supposed to be doing it! Luckily my dad takes a little peep under the hood of my car occasionally to make sure that I'm not driving a death trap, and he said that I had no oil and that it was completely dry! Ah! I could have almost burned myself and my car to death. Actually...that has happened more than one time. Recently, all of my brake lights burned out except for the one in the middle that sits in the back window. I need to go buy some bulbs (which ones?) and install them (how?).

Several months ago I was driving down the freeway when something went wrong with my car and I had to pull over. I had to call the tow truck to come and tow my car to the shop and had my boyfriend come to pick me up. Nothing like this had ever happened to be before this time, so I was pretty clueless. I called my dad to ask him what I should do and where I should go. He told me to go to the shop that he always goes to (they know him by his first name there) and that he had already talked to a man named Rich, and that Rich would take care of me. So once I get to the car fixing place, I went inside and saw a man at the counter. This is the dialogue that follows:

Me: Hi, are you Rich?
pause...
Man: ...is that what you say to all the boys?
Me: *gasp* *giggle* My dad told me that I'm supposed to talk to Rich
Man: looks up at my boyfriend Are you rich?
BF: No I'm not rich, I'm comfortable
Me: *whimper* I need to talk to Rich.
Man: Rich is my boss, but don't worry I can help you.

Stuff like this always happens to me. =)

No comments: