Tuesday, May 13, 2003

I don't know what it is...but I seem to run into people that I know at the most random places....or at the most random times. During one trip to DisneyWorld I was kind of tired, and sat down on a bench in front of Epcot Center...and I looked up and saw my eight grade Health and Math teachers there on a trip together. On another trip to Hawaii, I was sitting down at a terminal waiting to board my plane, and my friend from junior high walked off the plane. Even more strange, I ran into a guy from my high school on the elevator going up to the top of the Space Needle in Seattle.

There are usually random occasions where I run into old long lost friends in the most random places doing my everyday thing. This has been such the case these past three days. Late saturday night I was up working on my term paper for my Computer Security and got an IM from an old friend of mine from high school who I haven't talked to for four years. It was great! We just caught up on old times and about things that have been going on with us these past four years...basically, a little "life update." Even better than that, we may be going to the same concert in a couple of weeks! Speaking of which....Hi Lawrence! (I know he reads this site occasionally). Yesterday, I was sitting on the bus to go home from campus, and someone randomly tapped my shoulder and said, "Excuse me....Are you Kimmy?" I turned around and it was my friend who I haven't seen in 6 years! WOAH. She looked so different and yet the same. I've always thought that she was a lot younger and didn't realize that she was in college yet, so she was the very last person I ever thought that I would run into in Davis. We also had our own "life update." Today, I was coming into my 550 person lecture class and was climbing through the aisles to grab a seat and heard, "Kimmy!" LOL. I looked up and it was one of my best friends from elementary and middle school! haha...what the heck. It was so great to see her and talk to her. We tried to catch up on everything, what we've been up to, how our families are doing, everything....

Man, if I could keep this going for awhile, I will have had such an exciting week. :)

No comments: