Monday, July 21, 2003

Do you ever have dreams where you get so into them, that you can't tell the difference between what's real and what was a dream? It happens to me a lot. Sometimes I feel like I've had a conversation with someone already about something, when in reality, it was all in my dream....but it feels so real. Sometimes my dreams are so ridiculously unreal, yet they still seem real. In my dreams, a kangaroo washing the dishes could be perfectly normal or me actually waking up to my alarm clock. I hate it when I dream that I wake up with my alarm clocks, take a shower, brush my teeth, do my makeup...my usual morning routine, and just when I'm about ready to leave the house I wake up only to realize that I am late.

I get very emotionally involved in my dreams. Sometimes I wake up crying because I was crying so hard in my dream. The weirdest time was when I actually woke myself from the sound of myself laughing and my body shaking....that was WEIRD! This morning I woke up before my alarm clocks went off only because I was upset from my dream. For the first few hours of my morning I had what I call, "anger tension" in my neck and head. I had a dream about my roommate that none of the other four of us get along with. She has screamed at us, said rude and innapropriate things to us, taken our stuff, and on my graduation, chased me out of the house and through the pool screaming at me in front of my friends and family. Needless to say, dreaming about her was a nightmare. I dreamt that I had woken up and was brushing my teeth at the sink when she came home from her week long vacation and decided to walk right into my room. I walked in only to find her trying to break my closet door so that she could take my clothes. She started pulling my clothes out of my closet telling me that she was going to 'borrow' them. The last time she 'borrowed' something, it came back dirty with coffee stains and smelled like shrimp. I told her to get out of my room and to leave me alone. Then all of a sudden she starts screaming at me at the top of her lungs. When she was out of my room, I shut the door. That was when I woke up...steaming with anger. I don't think that's the greatest way to wake up in the morning.

When I was little....okay fine....even now, when I want to dream about something, I try to think about it a lot before I go to sleep. I lie in bed with my eyes closed, thinking and thinking and thinking....hoping that maybe I will fall asleep still thinking about it and dream about it. Tonight I am going to set aside a few minutes to think nice thoughts so that I will dream about them once I fall asleep.

No comments: