Thursday, October 04, 2007

Technology doesn't solve everything

This morning after grabbing some coffee, I backed my car into a pole. It was heartbreaking. I was feeling pain from the dent that the pole left. What's funny about this is...I have backup sensors AND a backup camera, and yet, I still ran into the pole. The pole just happened to be between the sensors and I didn't look at the camera. Luckily, the bumper was not damaged whatsover, but the chrome part above the bumper got dented.

Once I got to work, I shared my "exciting" event of the day to some friends, one of whom mentioned that I might be able to bang it out with a rubber mallet. Hmmm....interesting. At this point I had nothing to lose. So after miraculously acquiring a rubber mallet, we went down to the garage, used a towel and banged at my car with the rubber mallet.

And what do you know...it actually really improved the dent and how it looks.

I guess technology doesn't really solve everything...sometimes you just need a good hammer.

Before:

After:

No comments: