Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Since I've been doing the long commute to work lately, I had decided that I wanted to do something productive while I drove. I have been aching to read some books since I finished school and had more time to but just haven't gotten around to it. Until...I fell in love with audio books. These things are great! I get to 'read' through about an hour a half of a book everyday. For my birthday my brother had gotten me a couple of audio books, one of which was Don't Sweat the Small Stuff in Love. I kind of giggled when I got it. My brother said, "I thought this might be useful for you and may help Bertrand out a bit." Everyone kind of laughed and Bertrand said, "I love you Man!" =) I think that they must have had some secret plan going on and Bertrand told Vincent to buy that for me because it would have meant something else had he given it to me. And they think they're so sly....! In all seriousness, it was a good book and a great present. It had some interesting ideas and some funny stories. While I was driving I would laugh out loud at some of the stories that the author and his wife told. People are so amusing. As soon as I finished that book, I headed to the library and borrowed a couple more. I'm almost done with the book that I started on Monday called, Homecoming. After my drive home from work today, I sat on the driveway for nearly 20 minutes so that I could finish the chapter. It is getting to a really good part that I am almost tempted to go to my car and get the tape to listen to the rest of it tonight.

No comments: