Tuesday, September 16, 2003

While waiting in the airport last week, I started to wander around and ended up at a bookstore. In one of the new arrivals racks was a book that was titled, 'Why Girls Are Weird'. Thinking that it was a weird title that was probably some handbook for guys or something, I picked it up and started to read the back cover. That's when I realized that it was a novel about blogging. haha. A fiction book centered around the idea of blogging and how a girl created a blog. She started to write about things that weren't true and people started to fall in love with that fake person. Somehow her real life and her blog life got intertwined and she had to try to keep all of her lies straight and make some big decisions.

I've seen a few books on how to blog or about what blogging is in general, but this is the first fiction novel I have seen centered around blogging. Interesting.

I was telling my coworkers about the book today during lunch and thought that it would be interesting if the author had a blog with Blogger because the title of the book sounded pretty familiar. I did a Google search for Pamela Ribon, the author and found her blog which is hosted with us.

Neat.

No comments: