Tuesday, September 02, 2003

I love three day weekends. But you know what I love more than three day weekends? A weeklong vacation. Oh yesssss....finally. I'm going on a little vacation with my family next week and can't wait!

For the past two weekends, I have gone up to San Francisco. The Bay Area really is a beautiful place. Last weekend Bertrand took me on a surprise dinner cruise on the bay for my birthday. It was so romantic. The sky was clear, the fog had not yet rolled in, and we were able to view the whole city in lights and the surrounding bridges. The boat went under the Golden Gate Bridge and then came back to go through the rest of the bay. I never realized how big the bridge really is.

This past weekend, Bertrand's college friends got married. The event took up the entire day and was a bit tiring although still very nice. I have never seen a wedding so meticulously planned. A timeline was sent out to those participating in the wedding marking nearly every 5 minutes and every detail possible. It was kind of funny. They also had not one, but two receptions in one day! Overall it was a very nice day, although at the end of the day, I was exhausted. I can't even imagine how tired the bride and groom must have been.

No comments: