Friday, May 07, 2004

Lessons learned

I've always been really close with my parents. I've always felt comfortable talking to them about almost everything. Through the years, my relationship with my parents has changed from being just a parent-child relationship, to a really close friendship. My friends have also found counsel in my parents. It's not a rare thing for me to come home and hear my mom talking on the phone with one of my friends, counseling them through their problems. Sometimes it's kind of weird thinking that I can share some of the stuff that I do with them. When I moved back home after graduation, we had a few rough months getting through the transition and re-adjusting to me being back in the house after being away for years. There were a couple of times when I was packed and ready to move out and start my apartment hunting. But things have settled down since then, we have reset our boundaries and things are working out really well.

In the past week, I have learned so much from my parents. As much as I hate to admit it, sometimes they just 'know' the right thing to say at the right time. Through the comfort and support that they showed us this week, I think that Bertrand and I have learned a lot from them as an example of love. Today is my mom's birthday and this Sunday is Mother's Day. This year, Mother's Day has even more meaning to me than it ever has before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Your parents are really wonderful! As is their daughter. =) -Bertrand