Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I am not a good boycotter

After the travesty on American Idol when Jennifer Hudson got voted off, I started to have my doubts about watching the show anymore. But when my all time favorite (and local!) Bay area girl, Latoya London got voted off, I declared that I'd be on strike. No more American Idol for me. How could America vote for such terrible singers and let go of such talented people? Surely, I couldn't support this show by helping their ratings anymore. Tonight is the 2 hour season finale. I washed some dishes, cleaned my room, petted my dog...anything to not watch that show. But 8:15 rolled around, and my weakness took over and here I am remote control in hand waiting to see who the winner will be.

1 comment:

J.Chen said...

Hi Kimmy,

I hear ya...I was in Maui during the results show and I told myself that I wasn't going to watch it either for the same reasons that you had...but I took a peak at the results show and even though I didn't see the ending...I still saw a good 20 minutes of the first half. hehehe...I didn't watch all of it because my bro's gf told him on the phone that Fantasia won which was cool...Diana, even though amazing at a young age, was allowing AI get way over her head towards the end...

U R too funny Kimmy!

Hope all is well.