Monday, October 20, 2003

I went to LA this weekend to see the UCLA vs. CAL game. It was my first "real" sports event that I have ever been to. The sun was scorching and was in the mid to high 90s. There was absolutely no shade in the bleachers of the Rose Bowl and we were all sweating like crazy. I nearly fainted a couple of times from heat stroke and missed a part of the game while trying to recover, but the rest of the game was very exciting. It's even more exciting to be in the middle of the screaming crowd and to watch the rivalry between my brother who goes to UCLA and my boyfriend, a CAL alumni. CAL came and tied the game in the very last 18 seconds of the game making the game go into overtime. UCLA ended up winning but CAL gave them a good run for their money. I think that I'm starting to actually understand the game of football now.

No comments: