Wednesday, October 15, 2003

I don't have any shoes.

Well...I have plenty of sandals, sneakers, and more than enough flip-flops, but I don't have any closed toed shoes. Now that it's starting to get cold, so are my feet. Last year, three pairs of my boots died at the same time. THREE. One day while trudging through the pouring rain on campus and heading to the bus, the heal broke off my favorite pair of brown boots. Limping and whimpering from my loss, I trudged home not sure whether the water flowing from my face was from the rain or from my tears. Not even a week later, the zipper on my pair of tall black boots broke and split open leading to another bout of limping around until I got home. Losing those two pairs was sad, but I still had one more pair of black shoes to get me through the rest of winter. I wore that pair nearly every day after that until the day I noticed something white on the toe of my foot. I bent down and quickly brushed at it and continued walking. Later on I noticed that that white thing was still there. I bent down once more and rubbed even harder...until I realized that I was rubbing my very own toe and looking at my sock!!! Unfortunately, the department stores did not notice that it was still raining outside and had already brought in their spring fashion clothes and my boots were no longer in stock. I wore my trusty Reefs from there on out waiting patiently for the next winter season to arrive....and it is here!

I'm going shoe shopping.

No comments: