Friday, April 04, 2003

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Over spring break, I bought three DVD's to add to my small collection, one of which was My Big Fat Greek Wedding. If you haven't seen this movie yet, WATCH IT! It was so funny. It just went through describing the funny little quirks of a Greek family. I guess the reason that it was so funny to me, was because it wasn't just describing a greek family, but it could have applied to any family. Everyone's family has some weird tradition that they follow or way of thinking. From the start of the movie I was already giggling, but towards the end of the movie I was getting stomach cramps from laughing. My favorite part of the movie was when the Aunt was describing the lump in her neck and how she had to get a "Bibopsy." It was great just watching how quirky a family can be. haha...I love it. :)

Watching the movie made me wonder if my family had a movie done about us, if we would be half as funny. I remember one time, my family, (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins) were all together and trying to decide where we should go out for breakfast. Everyone was throwing out ideas about where we could go. One of my uncles was so excited and started shouting, "I Hope! I Hope!" We all stared at him, waiting to see where he hoped to go....but then he just kept saying, "I Hope! I Hope!" Then we all realized that he was saying "IHOP"....haha.....

No comments: