Friday, February 06, 2004

Packing it up

I'm going to New York for the first time next President's Day weekend. To say that I'm excited would be an understatement. Last night I was putting some things away in my closet to clean up around my room and somehow ended up planning my clothes for New York. From what I hear, it's been pretty cold over on the east coast. Or rather...freezing. I don't remember ever having been in a climate where the temperature was lower than 10 degrees Fahrenheit. My friend mentioned that at night, it gets into the negatives in New York. Negatives?!? Are you kidding me? In the words of my roommate, 'Kimmy, basically you're going to die.' It's all about the layers. Last night I started pulling out all of my long sleeved shirts and sweaters trying to figure out how I was going to pack all of my stuff. My group of friends that I am going to be traveling with told me that I was only allowed to bring one bag so that we can do carry-on. One bag? How am I going to pack my sweaters, layers of clothes, and boots into one bag? Sweaters alone are huge and bulky. Unless..I wear the same sweater throughout the entire trip. All of my pictures will look the same. "This is me on Saturday...and this is me on Saturday...and this one must also be from Saturday." You know what I say? Screw it. I'd rather be warm than save a couple of minutes from waiting for baggage.

No comments: