Saturday, December 27, 2003

My back is aching, my shins and thighs are tight, and my stomach muscles cry for help everytime I laugh or cough. I went snowboarding for the first time this season yesterday. It was a little awkward for me at first. I started out on the bunny slope and ended up riding on my edge the whole way down because I was afraid of actually going one foot in front of the other. It was almost like re-learning how to board all over again. Luckily, I got over it and got the hang of it all over again. There was a storm the night before and freshly fallen snow the morning that I got to Tahoe. The powder was great while I was moving, but when I stopped to look behind me, I fell into the powder and couldn't get up. I struggled for about 20 minutes, constantly trying to push myself up but ended up just falling deeper and deeper into the snow. I ended up unstrapping myself and walking out of the hole that I had dug for myself. Hopefully, I'll go a lot more this season and I'll also start working out regularly so that I won't be so sore in the future.

Aside from the boarding, I've been playing around with my new gadgets that I received for Christmas and watching the various DVDs that my brother got. I especially like the camera feature on my Zire 71. I also got to talk to a few of my closest friends over the phone and catch up. Hope you are enjoying the holidays.

No comments: