Friday, November 21, 2003

I'm cold.

All you out-of-staters and in some cases out-of-country'ers are probably thinking, "Californian...you don't even know what a REAL winter is like." And you know what I have to say to that?

I don't care! I'm cold.

I'm wearing a turtleneck and a big courduroy peacoat, yet I'm still cold. I'm still very happy though despite my chills. Cold here means snow in Tahoe and snow in Tahoe means snowboarding for me. I just went to the dealership and picked up my snowboard rack for my car yesterday. The guy across the counter handed me a gigantic box with the rack in it. It was a long rectangular box. I tried to pick it up and also hold the other things that I had in my hand. When I got to the narrow door, I couldn't push the door open and also walk through with the box. I ended up trying to push the door open with the box and run out, but ended up dropping my wallet and cell phone all over. Then I had to bend down to pick up my wallet and ended up losing grip of the box. In the meantime, the service guys sat at the counter and watched me struggle. Thanks guys. By the time I got outside the door and collected all of my items, one guy runs out and says, "Do you need help?" Gee...ya think? By that time, I was already at my car though and putting the rack into the back.

We're packin' up to move to another office and I can't help but feel like it's my freshman year of college again. A new environment with new people. How fun.

No comments: