Monday, November 10, 2003

I think that this is my favorite time of the year. I really love this time of the year. For so many reasons. It starts to get cold...and the snow starts falling in Tahoe which means more snowboarding for Kimmy. Yeehaww. It's the big time shopping season. If you haven't already figured it out by now, I love to shop. I love walking around the stores and window shopping along with watch all of the people go by. That is probably why I love this holiday season's shopping more than any other shopping day, because this is the time when all of the people come out. The streets and towns are beautifully decorated with lights and other festive decorations, while families, couples, and friends stroll around. I like to watch people interact with each other and imagine the story behind the people that I watch. This is also the time when I get to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas and spend time with all of the people I love. There is a special vibe in the air from the excitement of all of these events that are coming soon and starting now. I'm getting so giddy from excitement.

I went to run some errands this weekend and also started a little bit of my holiday shopping. It was raining pretty hard this weekend, and I guess all of the people rushed into the malls and stores as a result. I loved it. If I could just sit on a bench and watch the people go by all day, I would. Maybe I will one of these days.

Today was also my first day as a permanent Googler. Several months ago while I was sitting up late at night in the computer lab's, never would I have imagined that I'd be working at one of the 'funnest' companies only a few months later. I guess it just goes to show that hard work and prayer really do pay off.

No comments: