Thursday, September 12, 2002

So I got a new webcam today. I'm such a nerd... So when I get the new webcam, I tried to set it up when I got home. Of course this thing comes with no instruction manual so I figure that it's a pretty easy setup right? WRONG! After popping in the CD and installing all of the drivers etc. I restarted the computer and got an error message saying that it is missing some .dll file. Great, so I went to go look for it, but had no clue as to where to find it. Luckily there was a handy dandy tech support number to call on the box, so I called and the guy on the phone was helfpul enough to find it for me. This was of course after he led me through the whole process for the WRONG camera, but that is besides the point. ;). So I'm all excited trying to get the camera to work and experiment by taking pictures. For some odd reason, everytime I saved, it only let me save it as a .avi file and I wanted a jpeg. So I did some roundabout stuff to my pics until then to entertain a couple of my friends. I went through the help sections of the program along with the tutorial, but there was nothing about just saving a picture and not a video. Perplexed, I read the box again. There on the box, it said, "take and edit pictures using Mr. Photo." Mr. Photo?!? What is Mr. Photo...turns out when I installed everything, I happened to miss installing Mr. Photo who is the picture taker. Duh! heehee. So I installed Mr. Photo and the cam works now. Pheww....

No comments: