Tuesday, November 22, 2005

How many?

The holidays are coming! This will be our first year hosting Thanksgiving, which means I will need to prepare for the festivities including the food. This is quite a monumental moment since I don't cook.

Since my lucky-duck husband has the entire week off from work, he got to be in charge of getting the groceries. On Sunday night, I sat down and wrote out a grocery list for him. I'm not much of a cook myself, so needed to look at the recipe for a couple of things in order to write down the ingredients for the list. One of the items called for 10 3/4 oz. cans of soup. I wrote this down on the list along with everything else to make it easier for him. When I came home from work yesterday, I was greeted by my husband and a counter full of groceries. I started going through them to see what he had gotten, then noticed only one can of soup.

I asked him why he only got one can and said we needed 10. He said, "oh, but this one is a 10 3/4 oz. can."

Oh.

It would probably help if I could read a recipe correctly or knew how much 3/4 oz. was.

And I'm supposed to cook?! Scary.

No comments: