Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Hectic

Want to hear about my morning?

This morning I slept in a little later than usual on purpose, since instead of fighting the morning traffic, I had to go to the doctor's and could come in later once traffic died down a bit. I thought that was a sign that today would be a good day. Wrong.

I got caught up in some work and ended up running out the door to hop in the car and get to my appointment in time. I did my hopping and running, and as I sat in my car, realized I had no keys. The door was locked. I was sitting in my car, stranded...AND late for my appointment. Bertrand was already at work an hour away from home, and him coming back would have wasted a lot of time for both of us. I called my mom who supposedly had one of our spare keys. She didn't know which one it was and brought over a pile of keys for me...none of which was the right key. She ended up driving me to my appointment and waiting for me. I then left her stranded and took her car to Mountain View so I could make the few meetings that I have today. As I neared the freeway entrance, the gas light came on.

What a morning! At least I'm here now.

No comments: