Sunday, December 19, 2004

Sights, Sounds, and Smells


Carousel
Originally uploaded by kimbalina.

Things have been a bit crazy for me this past week. Despite all of the excitement, calling friends and family, and planning that has been taking place, I have still been able to enjoy everything that's going on around me. The holidays have always been my favorite time of the year. I love the hustle and bustle that happens everywhere. Sometimes I like going to the mall just to walk around and see all of the people, decorations in the store windows, and of course catch a glimpse of Santa Clause. I start listening to Christmas music as soon as the air starts to feel a little nippy, even if that means it's only October. I love the smell of peppermint in the air around the coffee shops and bakeries. I love eating warm cookies fresh out of the oven, to hear my family talking and laughing in the other room, and cuddling up on the couch with my blankie. The holidays always bring back happy memories for me of years past and this year another unforgettable memory was added to my collection. This year, on Christmas Day, my entire family on both sides of my family along with Bertrand's family will be getting together for our traditional Vietnamese engagement ceremony along with the biggest Christmas family get-together yet. I can't wait!

No comments: