Sunday, December 05, 2004

Ringing in the Holidays

There's no better way to ring in the holidays than with a Google Holiday party and snowboarding in Tahoe. The party was as fun and amazing as could be imagined. I even got a manicure while I was AT the party. Yes, that's right, not before the party but while I was there.

Despite reported bad weather, the weather was actually perfect for boarding. It's been almost a year since the last time I've been snowboarding and I basically had to relearn how to board. Around mid-day we tried a long run that looked like it'd be fun on the trail map. That trail kicked my butt due to the random flat spots and my friend agreed to call it a day with me once that was over. Since we were on the Nevada side of the mountain, we ended up taking a detour and grabbed the wrong gondola back to the lodge. After taking an unintentional tour of South Lake Tahoe, we finally caught the right shuttle and got back to the car. Every muscle in my body is now feeling the results of the first snowboarding of the season.

No comments: