Friday, August 20, 2004

Surprised!

Bertrand has reserved this weekend for awhile now and told me that he had some special plans for my birthday. While having dinner with my family earlier this week, my mom asked if we would be busy on friday night and if we could have a family dinner on my birthday. Assuming that we had plans already, I looked at Bertrand for a confirmation and in response he told my mom that we had 'no plans' and that we could have dinner with them. I was a little shocked after all this 'reserving' that was done especially since he knew that I wanted to spend some time with my friends. Later on, I asked him if we were going to do anything with my friends since he seemed to not have made any plans at all. He told me, "You ask too many questions." I talked to Tine about it and vented to her about how I wanted to spend time with my friends on my birthday and was kind of bummed that Bertrand hadn't made any plans despite what he had told me previously. She just listened to me vent and then said, "You just wait until Monday and you're going to come in telling me how stupid you are." I thought about it a little more and thought that maybe he was planning a 'surprise' for me on Saturday with all of our friends. I soon convinced myself of this and was satisfied with waiting until Saturday to see what all was planned.

After a pretty exciting week, we planned to have a date night out at Armadillo Willy's tonight for some ribs. On our way there, Bertrand suddenly groaned and said that he was having some stomach problems. Somehow, he was sly enough to get me to make the decision to go home to his house before dinner so that he could do his business. There were many following little events that happened that I somehow did not clue into and that just fell into place. As we turned the corner to his house, I saw a long row of cars on the other street and said, "hey look, someone's having a party." Right then, the car started jerking and I turned my focus onto my sick boyfriend who was having trouble driving. We got to the house and I decided that I would sit in the car and wait for him, but after a second thought, followed him into the house only to be completely blown away by the faces of my closest friends screaming 'SURPRISE!'

I still can't believe that my friends were willing to drive all the way up to where we live during rush hour traffic, that my friends and family knew about it for weeks and were able to keep it a secret from me, and that someone loves me enough to put all of this together.

I am the luckiest girl ever!

4 comments:

Christine said...

ha ha.. gotcha! you're definitely a lucky girl to have a sweet guy like B... i'll never forget the look on your face when you walked in the door, nor how high you were jumping up and down after you opened your presents. =)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kimbalina! -nicole

you know said...

thats such a funny story.

happy belated birthday!

Anonymous said...

I'm hungry.