Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Ancient

While visiting some friends, I went into their office and happened to catch their pre-teen daughter chatting online. I noticed that all of the screennames on her buddy list were about three words long or sometimes even full sentences. I thought it was kind of funny and pointed out to Bertrand how I guessed the 'new thing' was to have long screennames like, 'iLikeButteredPopcorn' or whatever it happened to be. We both kind of chuckled about how different things were even with chatting styles or screennames with different age groups. It made me feel a little old especially when Bertrand mentioned to the girl that I'd been chatting online since about 1996 and her jaw dropped open. The kicker was when she said, "I didn't think you knew what it was."

No comments: