Wednesday, January 29, 2003

I've been having such a hard time falling asleep lately. I'm not really sure why it is. Usually when something is bothering me or on my mind, I can't fall asleep. No matter how tired I may be, I will lie awake all night just staring at the ceiling and think. The weird thing is that I don't think that that is the reason for my insomnia lately. Although I am pretty stressed with my classes and projects that still remain unfinished, I wouldn't really say that I am at the end of my rope. I think that I've learned to handle stress better these past few months than I ever have before. I guess I've realized that a lot of times things are out of our control, and that things always work out for the better even though it might not seem like it at the time. I would say that overall, I am very happy right now and with how things are going. There isn't really anything that is making me sad nor angry. I remember complaining a few weeks ago about how I would sleep a good amount (6-7 hours) a night and yet, would wake up feeling like I hadn't slept at all. No matter how much I slept, I felt like I had only slept for about 5 minutes. These days, I can't fall asleep and stay up really late and yet, I am not as tired as I was before. I still have a hard time waking up in the morning though. :) Physically, my body is not as tired as before, but my mind is exhausted. Maybe there is something that is bothering me subconsciously that I don't even know about or haven't yet realized. Actually, I'm starting to think that maybe it's not because of one specific thing, but more the fact that I have so many things going on at once and that I am always thinking about them in the back of my mind. So even though my body is asleep, my mind is still working away. Who knows...all I know is that I'd like to have a good night's rest for both my mind and my body.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i share your same exact thoughts and feelings. its way too late now to be introspective, but i am thinking here is where things like yoga and excercise come into play. i think we try to much and ask too much of our post-historic caveman bodies. we were designed to live this 21st century lifestyle. we need time to decompress, time to free our minds. and maybe somethng like mediation and yoga helps with that. helps to purge the busy mind and talkative Id. just a thought but i think it has some value.