Thursday, June 14, 2007

My 15 minutes of pseudo-fame

I gave some feedback recently on the shuttles that are displayed here at work. As part of a campaign, they were showing some of these up on the big screen in the main cafe along with the person's picture. Occasionally, I'll get a little bit of teasing and taunting from friends who happen to spot it. Today, I ate lunch in the cafe. As I was getting food, one of the chefs walked up to me and tapped me on the shoulder, "Excuse me." I turned around and he said, "Hi! I saw your picture up there." and points up to the screen. I smiled and said "yeah". Then suddenly, he was gone. As I was eating lunch in the seating area, a couple of guys looked up at the screen, then looked at me and started pointing as if I was some celebrity or something.

What in the world?

Who knew doing such a simple thing as giving feedback for the shuttle program could catapult someone into pseudo-celebrity status.

1 comment:

ThomasHan said...

wait for another hour, might show up on 6 o'clock evening news!